The city of Ostend has decided to make mouth masks mandatory within the city center. There are a number of exceptions. The obligation to wear a mouth mask does not apply:
- when travelling by car, motorcycle, bicycle or scooter
- when travelling on the beach to go swimming in the sea
- during the practice of an intensive sports activity (except hiking)
- during operations requiring strenuous physical exertion
- while consuming food and drink
- for those who have a medical certificate that it is not possible to wear a mouth mask
- for children up to 12 years of age
We would like to inform you that Upstairs Hotel will take the necessary measures so that you, in the near future, can stay covid-safe with us. The health of our hotel guests and staff is our top priority at all times. We hope to welcome you soon.
1.5 metres distancing
A concept that nobody had heard of before, but is now part of our society. C-Hotels believes that the health and safety of our guests and employees deserve the highest priority. We do everything we can to prevent the risks of infection and spreading the coronavirus. The hotel have been fully adjusted to the precautions to ensure we can receive you as safely as possible.
Which measures have we taken?
- We follow the guidelines and recommendations of the government.
- Signs regarding the guidelines to prevent COVID-19 infections.
- Disinfecting hand gels can be found at every entrance, reception and lift.
- All exposed surfaces such as door knobs, lift buttons, tables, etc. are disinfected using antibacterial solutions very regularly.
- Disinfecting hand gel can be found in every room and is completely disinfected after check-out.
- All receptions have a Plexiglas screen (clear protective barrier).
- Employees who have symptoms of COVID-19 must stay at home.
- Online checking in and out prevent long queues at reception.
- Payments take place using a credit card or Bancontact (debit card).
- Currently, external breakfasts are not allowed.
- Employees who come into contact with our guests wear gloves and face masks from a hygienic perspective.
- The use of a mouth mask is mandatory in the breakfast room, except when sitting down.
Can I cancel my reservation?
All reservations made after 01/04/2020 can be cancelled as follows:
- All reservations can be cancelled up to 48 hours before arrival.
If you have made a reservation before 01/04/2020, there is a distinction in the cancellation terms and conditions:
- direct flexible reservation: You can cancel free of charge up to 48 hours before your arrival.
- flexible reservation through an OTA (booking.com, expedia, etc.): You can cancel free of charge up to one week before your arrival.
- non-refundable reservation: You can cancel your reservation up to 48 hours before arrival and, in return, you will be issued with a voucher that is valid for a year. Or you can rebook your reservation to a later date.
Thank you, Westtoer and the Province of West Flanders
With Westtoer and the Province of West Flanders' help, we were able to make the hotel corona-safe. We want to thank Westtoer and the Province of West Flanders for the continuous support during these difficult Covid-19 times!